- Manage mood swings caused by out of control blood sugar levels
- Understand how to manage reactions to both peers and authority figures
- Deal with peer pressure
- Manage internal thoughts and feelings around having diabetes (Guilt, isolation, fear, low self-esteem, anger and other self-defeating thoughts)
- Balancing responsibility and having fun
- Learn to recognize & manage appropriate food choices
- Learn the impact of food and insulin on blood sugar levels
- Detect and cope with low and high blood sugars
- Understand the risks that come from not eating properly
- Learn to manage insulin and food
© 2011-2017 Eliot LeBow L.C.S.W., C.D.E., The information on this server including all images is proprietary and comprises legally protected subject matter belonging to psychotherapist Eliot LeBow, and is displayed on the basis of viewing only. All use, reproduction, and disclosure is prohibited without the prior consent of Diabetes Focused Therapist Eliot LeBow, including all registration marks: ® Diabetes Focused Psychotherapy, ® Helping People With Diabetes Thrive!, ® DiabeticTalks, ® DiabeticMinds, ® The Diabetic Diary. All rights reserved.
Office Location: 323 West 96th street, NYC • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • (917) 272-4829
Psychotherapist & Diabetes Specialist : Servicing Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey.